Wednesday, November 9, 2011

9 November 2011 (Where There's a Will, There's a Way, Part 1)

Dear Diary, 9 November 2011

Each time I type the date I am struck by how quickly time has progressed. Is it truly nearly Thanksgiving time? Subsequently, have I used these fleeting moments to their fullest potential?

A question on everyone's mind is this: what do I want out of life?
For me to answer this question from my heart, I believe it is to stay in line with God's will over my own subjugating one.
What is God's will? one might ask. I thought this was incredible complex and required a lot of biblical knowledge to grasp, but it is surprisingly simple. The Bible, in its entirety from front to back, is God's will! Every instruction, every piece of advice is brilliantly woven into a handbook of His plan.
My youth pastor pointed out Deuteronomy 29:29 in our discussion on God's will:

The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that were may follow all the words of this law.

The secret things are mysteries, quite probably, that are beyond our realm of understanding. However, His will, the way in which He would have us live our lives, is not kept in the shadows. It is in every passage of every chapter! It is inescapable, even outside of Bible reading, for the heavens and the trees and everything that lives and moves and has breath declares God's glory.

Particularly moving to me are Titus 3:1-2, Philippians 4:8, and Romans 12:2.

"...be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men."

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing, and perfect will."

No comments:

Post a Comment