Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Inspiring and the Uninspired

I haven't felt very inspired to write in awhile.

It's not that anything significant hasn't happened in my life lately - quite the contrary in fact. In the past weeks, my brother and I have grown much closer to our church's youth group. This may seem less than noteworthy, but actually it's a big part of our lives. We spend a lot of time at church, and now that we all feel more integrated church feels more like family than that place where you go to put on a mask. That's the primary purpose of church, after all. A place where you can feel comfortable and safe with other believers.

Anyway, I simply haven't felt like writing about it or anything else for that matter. Writers go through dry fazes sometimes...it's really annoying.

I will post some pictures of our trip to Colorado though.

Amazingly enough, these were taken with my small Extrovert cell phone.
The view from my room at the Rockies Y


Gem lake? I don't remember. I was so out of breath by the time we got here.


Trees. Pretty self explanatory.








There was actually SNOW! In June!!


So beautiful. You can so feel God's majesty out there. To think that He created those mountains...it's incredible and awe inspiring. It's also faith-boosting, because the grandeur of them confirms that there is a God. No earthly force could have incidentally created such obvious works of art.




My favorite tree on the mountain. Actually, this is the mountain by gem lake. I forget the name of that other lake.


Yep, the world at my feet. It's just so amazing how all that could be right there!!



OK, so I'm not feeling inspired to write anything profound. Sometimes I feel like I have to post something very meaningful and insightful...I don't want to throw up my whole life on this blog because who likes that?

But I suppose I should continue to write. You know what they say about riding a horse...you have to get back on or you'll never ride again. Not that I've been hurt by writing.

I suppose that although my passion is the pen, I don't see how much a difference I can do with it. Right now anyway. My goal is to someday be a published author. That's a long time off however. For now, what do I do with my pen?

1 comment:

  1. As you know, dear friend, I often struggle with feeling inspired to write. I know how hard it can be. The point is, too keep writing. (I'm sure you've heard that many times)
    When writing songs, I've asked myself, "What good does this do? Who really cares about my songs anyway? No one is listening after all." It's difficult to still aspire to be excellent when no one is watching or it feels like it doesn't mean anything. But God has a plan for you and me, bigger than what we could imagine.

    Just practicing writing can be really important, as you know. Trust me, I know how mad you can get when you feel your well is dry!

    :) Speaking of which, i need to send you an email. Someone sent it to me about writing and it helped me so I'll send it to you-it explains things much better than I ever could. *wink*

    -Jagi

    ReplyDelete