Today is my little cousin's birthday. Happy #5, Titus! He's my little buddy. We like to throw insults at each other, just for fun. XD
~
~
Dear Diary, June 2, 2011
My thing...not as weird as it sounds
Where's my thing? Everyone seems to have a thing. My dad's is cooking, my mom's is acting, my friend's is music, my cousin's is phsycology, my brother's is...well, gaming which isn't really a thing it's more of an obsession. I guess my "thing" is writing but then what's the use of writing if noboday ever reads it!?! I'm working, continuously, towards the ideal goal of publishing something. Heh. At the rate I'm going, it'll be another two, three years before I even finish one of my many stories. I've never finished anything. Well, there was this one short story, but it wasn't very good. It's frustrating. It really is. People read my stuff and they're all "That's so good, you're such a talented writer!" But other than that, people, with the exception of a few, don't ever follow up. They don't realize that this is my thing. This is what I possibly want to invest my life in! *sigh* Sorry, like I said, it's just frustrating.
It's not only other people that I'm upset with either. It's me too, because I can't FINISH ANYTHING!! My thoughts are scattered and when they're all lines up in a row, then I write it down. I'm thinking of starting another blog for my stories but then that's a litte unsafe since peoople can, I don't know, malisciously steal and publish my story and take all the credit.
♪ Music ♪
Music is something I love and I would give anything to be as talented as my friend is. She may try to deny it, but she is super talented. I listen to her and think "Man, this girl's going to go places." She's totally encouraging and bears with me a lot on playing guitar and the like. The other day I was listening to a couple of her songs and it inspired me to write my own. Now, it's been like half a year since I've been able to write any music worth mentioning. This song, though, it's not bad. I like it. Perhaps not worth downloading onto iTunes, but I'm just glad that I can write music again. I've missed it.
Writing is totally your thing. You could be like, super famous. When I read your stuff I feel...lost. Like I'm in another world. I can't wait to see what God is going to do with your stories. Maybe it isn't going so great now, but I bet you'll learn. You'll get it. I know you will :D
ReplyDelete*Blushes* Okay, I don't know if 'super talented' is the right way to put it. But thanks anyhow. I'm glad I inspired you. You are talented at music too, whether you believe it or not.
you rock!!!!!
As a writer, er... storyteller, I can tell you that you write A LOT before anything becomes worth finishing, let alone publishable. Then, after you've completed a few things, you'll look back at what you USED to write and you'll want to actually finish them, which is fun.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up n__n